Welcome to Apache Maven
Apache Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project's build, reporting and documentation from a central piece of information.
If you think that Maven could help your project, you can find out more information about in the "About Maven" section of the navigation. This includes an in-depth description of what Maven is, a list of some of its main features, and a set of frequently asked questions about what Maven is.
Learning about Maven
This site is separated into the following sections, depending on how you'd like to use Maven:
- Run Maven Information for those needing to build a project that uses Maven
- Use Maven Information for those wanting to use Maven to build their project, including a "10 minute test" that gives a practical overview of Maven's main features in just 10 minutes
- Write Maven Plugins Information for those who may or may not be using Maven, but want to provide a plugin for shared functionality or to accompany their own product or toolset
- Improve the Maven Repository Information for those who may or may not use, but are interested in getting project metadata into the repository
- Develop Maven Information for those who are currently developers, or who are interested in contributing to the Maven project itself
Each guide is divided into a number of trails to get you started on a particular topic, and includes a reference area and a "cookbook" of common examples.
You can access the guides at any time from the left navigation.
If you are looking for a quick reference, you can use the documentation index.
For detailed information on just some of the plugins available for Maven, see the plugin list.
How to Get Support
Support for Maven is available in a variety of different forms.
If the problem has not been reported before, the recommended way to get help is to subscribe to the Maven Users Mailing list. Many other users and Maven developers will answer your questions there, and the answer will be archived for others in the future.
You can also reach the Maven developers on IRC.
How can I help?
Maven is an open source community and welcomes contributions. If you'd like to get involved, see the Guide to helping with Maven.
Maven is a part of the Apache Software Foundation. We'd like to thank the sponsors that provide financial assistance to the foundation. For more information on how you can support the foundation, see the sponsorship page.